- Where can I get gift vouchers for a boat trip?
> You can get vouchers for a specific route from our offices in Prien/Stock. We'll be happy to send them to you, together with an invoice. There is an additional handling charge of €2.50 to cover postage. Simply send us a request, stating your preferred route, number of passengers and invoice address.
- Do groups need to register?
> Only groups of 100 or more need to register.
- How many people need to be in a group to qualify for a group discount?
> The group rate applies for groups of 20 or more.
- Is it possible to reserve a seat?
> No, it is not possible to reserve a seat.
- Can you get off and continue later?
> With every ticket, you can get off at any time and continue later on another boat.
- Can I take my bike?
> Bikes can be taken on all boats, depending on capacity.
- Is cycling permitted on the islands?
> No, cycling is prohibited on the islands.
- Can I leave my car in the car park for several days?
> Yes. Before you leave, simply pay at the pay station using the ticket you collected when you entered the car park.
- How much does parking cost for cars and coaches in Prien/Stock?
> Pricing information can be found here.
- Can I visit the islands in the winter?
> Yes, we sail from Prien and Gstadt to the islands and back every day of the year.
- Is the palace open all year round?
> Yes, except on the following days:
24, 25, and 31 December, 1 January and Shrove Tuesday
(More information about Herreninsel can be found here.)
- Is food available on the boats?
> There are kiosks selling snacks on the following boats:
MS "Berta", MS "Edeltraud"; MS "Josef", MS "Irmingard", "Ludwig Fessler"
- Which ticket do I need to buy if I want to stay overnight on the island?
> An overnight ticket: a ticket for the normal route plus an "overnight stay" for the same price.
- How does the night taxi after the last crossing work?
> Information about the night taxi can be found here.
- Is smoking permitted on the boats?
> Smoking is permitted on our open-air decks.
- Is there free Wi-Fi at the harbour or on the boats?
> Wi-Fi is not available either at the harbour or on the boats.