Coach drivers, group and tour guides
Please take a moment to read through this information, which tells you everything you need to know about our boat trips, group transport and group discounts, and provides valuable advice for your visit.
Special information for your group trip with Chiemsee-Schifffahrt
- Boats depart all year round from Prien/Stock and Gstadt for Herreninsel and Fraueninsel.
- Please register groups of 100 or more in advance, stating your preferred departure time, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps us to organise the boat movements. We are unable to reserve seats.
- Tickets can be purchased from the regional ticket offices (Prien/Stock and Gstadt) and on all the boats. We only accept payment by cash or voucher.
- We apply a group discount for groups of 20 or more full-paying passengers.
- There is a large coach park in Prien/Stock (right next to the harbour). Information about parking charges can be found here.
- Toilets (including disabled facilities) are located in Prien/Stock right next to the ticket office at the harbour.
- Duration of boat tours on selected routes:
|Prien/Stock – Herreninsel||ca. 15 minutes|
|Prien/Stock – Fraueninsel||ca. 30 minutes|
|Herreninsel – Fraueninsel||ca. 10 minutes|
|Gstadt – Fraueninsel||ca. 10 minutes|
|Island Tour West||ca. 1,5 hours|
|(Trip to both islands. Departs from Prien, Gstadt or Bernau)|
|Island Tour East||ca. 1,5 hours|
|(Only available during the summer timetable. Trip to both islands. Departs from Seebruck, Chieming or Übersee. It may sometimes be necessary to change boats.)|
|Grand Chiemsee Tour||ca. 2,5 hours|
|(Only available during the summer tameable. It may sometimes be necessary to change boats.)|
- On every tour, you may interrupt your journey as many times as possible and continue later on another boat.
General information about Chiemsee Railway
Travel to Lake Chiemsee by steam train: a steam train has been covering the 1.8 km route from Prien am Chiemsee station to Prien/Stock harbour since 1887. The train operates from around mid-May until around mid-September. During the early season (from 1 May until mid-May) and late season (mid-September until mid-October), the train only runs on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Exclusive boat hire
We will also be happy to provide a non-binding quote for special trips exclusively for your group. Information about boat hire can be found here.